Healthy Fudge Brownie Recipe - HASfit Coconut Flour Brownies - Vegan Gluten Free Brownie Recipe
Chocolatey Flaxseed Brownies Recipe
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 5g Added Sugars||10%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep20 min, Cook35 min
Who would think brownies can be nutritious anddelicious? These brownies include flaxseed meal instead of flour, making them healthy, lower in carbohydrates, and gluten-free. And the agave syrup, cocoa powder, and unsweetened chocolate create a rich, chocolatey treat while keeping the brownie naturally sweetened.
If you like a more bittersweet brownie, however, you can cut down on the agave syrup. Note that these really take on a brownie texture the day after you make them. And the most interesting part? They taste so amazing you wouldn't even think they have a good amount of fiber and omega-3s, which comes from the flaxseeds.
Although this recipe uses the typical 9x13 pan, it makes 32 brownies—so don't be turned off by some of the ingredient amounts.
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted
- 3/4 cup agave syrup (or to taste, divided)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melted and cooled)
- 2 cups flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 F and coat a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup agave syrup and beat again until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add the cocoa powder and salt and beat well.
- Add the melted and cooled unsweetened chocolate and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flaxseed meal, baking powder, cream, water, and up to 1/4 cup additional agave syrup if the batter needs it (some unsweetened chocolate is more bitter than others).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top springs back. (You also can test if they're ready by sticking a toothpick in the brownies. If it comes out clean, or almost-so, they're done.)
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack and then cut into 32 squares. If you cheat and eat one warm, know that the texture will be different once completely cool. That's when they become like real brownies. (They are even better the next day.)
Benefits of Flaxseed
Described as "one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet," flaxseed is loaded with health benefits. It is high in both soluble and insoluble fiber, lignans, which have antioxidant qualities, as well as omega-3 essential fatty acids, which have heart-healthy effects.
Research has shown that flaxseed may lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart disease, lung disease, and certain cancers—studies suggest that flaxseed may ward off colon, breast, and prostate cancers.
Video: Low Carb BROWNIE BATTLE - The BEST Keto Brownies Recipe - Lowcarb Chocolate Brownies!
6 Pilates-Based Stretches To Calm You Down
Jennifer Lopez Inspired Party Makeup Tutorial
Everything We Know About Leighton Meester and Adam Brody’s Super-Secret WeddingCeremony
16 Best Gifts For Essential Oil Enthusiasts
What do Celebrities Wear Celebrities Fashion Secrets
15 Of Meghan Markle’s Best Beauty Looks
How to Get Rid of a Wart at the Bottom of Your Foot
Hanna Sylla Is The Cocktail Waitress Who Became a Miu Miu Model
12. This 19-year-olds dad pays for everything
They get defensive around you
Make-Ahead Doggie Stew Recipe
OPI Natural Nail Strengthener NTT60
1. Portugal — Having gained 13 places since the Expat Insider 2019 survey, Portugal is not only the second-biggest winner in the Quality of Life Index, but also made the most significant gains in the overall ranking. Its popularity among expats — at least when it comes to quality of life — is largely due to its temperate climate and widely available leisure activities
EditDo Not Edit: Global Template