Tony Robbins: Be the Best Version of Yourself (Tony Robbins Motivation)
How to Be the Best You Can Be
Most people would like to be the best possible version of themselves. Everyone has a different concept of what makes you the best that you can be. Though this is hard to define, the best version of yourself is the happiest version of yourself!
Knowing Who You Want to Be
Be aware of the kind of person you strive to be.Know who you want to be and be that person. Make a list of the most important qualities in your personality. If you find yourself deviating from those qualities, slow down and regain your composure.
- For example, if you want to be a more patient person, come up with a plan to practice patience in stressful times, such as counting to ten.
- Things like meditation, exercise, and spiritual practices can help you recenter yourself on who you want to be.
- Try making a list of your values to figure out what type of person you strive to be. Look over this list often to remind yourself.
Set achievable goals.When your goals are specific and achievable you are more apt to meet them and feel good about it. On the other hand, if you goals are vague and unrealistic you are more likely to get frustrated and forego all of your goals.
- For example, going to the dentist twice a year is a specific and achievable goal. On the other hand, improving your health is too broad and vague.
Prepare for success.Eliminate things that stress you out and slow you down. Try to be one step ahead instead of one step behind. Being prepared will help you feel less stressed and overwhelmed. Create routines for yourself that promote success.
- Prepare for the next day the night before. Lay out your clothes or pack your lunch.
- Stop procrastinating and get your work done before any deadlines.
- Come prepared to meetings.
- Keep in mind that success is not a straight line. You will sometimes have setbacks, and this is all part of progressing towards your goal.
Surround yourself with positive people.Find friends that support you or whom you admire and surround yourself with positivity. Spend less time with friends that are always negative and not productive. Learn from people who are trying to be the best versions of themselves.
- Be a source of positivity for those friends as well.
- You might also consider why you admire certain people. What qualities do they possess that you would like to have?
Method 1 Quiz
Which is an example of an achievable goal?
Making Lifestyle Changes
Get rid of anything that is unnecessary.Spreading yourself too thin can lead to trouble, so it is important to decide what is important to you and focus on that. If you have too much stuff, get rid of some of it. If you have too many commitments, get rid of some of them. Unnecessary things cloud your thoughts and make it hard to be the best that you can be.
- Declutter your house. Having too much clutter around you has been linked with an inability to focus.
- Streamline your finances by coming up with a filing system or go paperless.
- Limit your commitments outside of work. Choose one or two activities to commit to and do them well.
Say “no.” Be realistic in what you can accomplish every day and say “no” to things that you don’t have time for or that don’t make you happy. Only put things on your “to-do list” that you will actually do. If you have more to do than you can handle, delegate that work to people who offer to help you.
- For example, if your child’s teacher requests that you direct the school Christmas play but you know that you are especially busy at Christmas time, feel confident saying “no”.
Take time to self-assess.Keep a journal of your thoughts and feelings to determine how you think and feel throughout the days. After some time read through your journal to find patterns of success and failure.
- Create a plan to minimize the failures in the future.
Make a plan to achieve your goals.Divide your goals into long-term and short-term goals. Set deadlines for these goals and develop a plan to push you towards achieving them. Consider using a daily planner to allocate the time you need to reach your goals.
- Keep in mind that changing your habits takes time, so look for ways to help keep yourself motivated. Try posting motivational messages around for yourself or watch a motivational video on Youtube every day.
Method 2 Quiz
True or False: You should only put things on your "to-do" list that you will actually do.
Invest in Yourself
Take care of yourself.Be sure to take care of yourself physically and emotionally. Take control of your health by eating well, getting enough rest, and exercising regularly. Stop ignoring health problems and address them as soon as possible.
- Make and keep regular doctor’s appointments.
- Strive to get eight hours of sleep each night.
Make time for you.Making time for yourself is not selfish. Do something that you enjoy and do it for yourself. Doing things for yourself can help to re-energize you to accomplish more throughout your day.
- Take a break from work to meditate or take a walk to clear your head.
- Find a hobby, such as writing or knitting.
- Join a club.
Build strong and healthy friendships.Good friends help you achieve your goals and support you through tough times. Spend less time with friends that bring you down. Healthy friendships consists of friends that accept you for who you are.
- Seek out friends that model the qualities that you want to improve upon.
- Make friends at activities or within organizations that represent issues that you strongly believe in.
Never stop learning.Learn to do something that you have always wanted to do but you never made the time to do it. Develop a skill to further your career. Becoming stagnant in your career and life is exhausting and demotivating.
Method 3 Quiz
How can you make time for yourself?
QuestionHow can you be a pro at Xbox even if your console sucks?
Licensed Professional CounselorLicensed Professional CounselorExpert AnswerWhen life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or better yet get a console that suits you and become a pro at a specific game.Thanks!
QuestionMy hard work is not acknowledged in my company and I feel they underestimate me. What can I do to change this?
Licensed Professional CounselorLicensed Professional CounselorExpert AnswerIf you don't find your work fulfilling or they don't acknowledge you, it might be time to consider another job or career that is more personally rewarding.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if you're very misunderstood?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerEven if others fail to acknowledge your strides, you can still focus on being and doing your best. Do not base your value on someone else's opinion.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I find what I need in life?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerStart by thinking about the things you can't imagine living without. Make a list of those things that are most important to you and then your needs will be clear.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I accept myself?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRealize that everyone has some flaws. Look at yourself as a real person with real needs, and do your best to meet those needs.Thanks!
QuestionI want to become rich, what should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerApply yourself to the task. Learn about money and business and put all of your time and resources into acquiring it.Thanks!
QuestionI want to rule the world, what should I do to get to it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMake specific goals about how you want to rule the world, and then work hard to achieve those goals.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I be unstoppable?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDon't let anyone or anything stand in your way. Recognize that most of your limitations are only in your mind. Dedicate yourself to working toward your goals, and achieve them.Thanks!
QuestionHow do you overcome fear of failure and inferiority?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFailures are pillars of success. Don't focus on potential negative outcomes: what's important is that you're taking steps to achieve that success. Before becoming Dr. Seuss's most popular book, Green Eggs and Ham was rejected 27 times.Thanks!
QuestionI want to be more successful, but I don't know what career to choose. Where do I start?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could start with listing your interests and then narrowing down relevant jobs by listing the pros and cons of each one, such as work/life balance or salary.Thanks!
Short Video: How to Be the Best You Can Be
The quickest way to become your best self is to set specific, achievable goals that reflect the person you want to be. Avoid broad goals like “being healthy” or “dressing better” and instead make goals like “go to the gym 3 times a week” or “eat a salad every day.” Write your goals down so you can keep track of your progress.
- Don’t get discouraged.
- Take time to rest and relax.
- Enjoy your life.
- You do not have control over everything in your life. Your day may not always go as planned and that may not be your fault.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How you become the best you can be | Boris Grundl | TEDxHHL
Vegetable Sides That Are Anything but Boring
How to Get Rid of an Old Car
How to Find the Best Houses to Flip for a Profit
Tip: Beware Of Overeating With Friends
How to Decorate Your Room for Christmas
How to Choose Makeup Primer
Safety Alert: Dont Fall for This Facebook Friend Scam
How to Document Pulses
Non-Medical Therapies for Alzheimers
How to Deal With a Long Vacation Car Ride (Teens)
USPSTF Issues Updated Osteoporosis Screening Recommendations