MASTER The EUROSTEP LAYUP!!
How to Do a Euro Step Layup (Basketball)
In the game of basketball, the layup is a very fundamental skill that most players master at a young age. The Euro step layup in particular can help you get past a defender and catch them off guard; it is harder to block because you use the rim as a type of blocker or shield. The regular Euro step is used to catch the defender off guard when you can't do a normal layup, while the exaggerated way is used when there is a defender standing there that you have to get past. This is basically doing a right-handed layup on the left side of the basket and vice versa. The Euro step not only can improve your scoring by opening up space but can also make you a better passer.
Regular Euro Step
Start by dribbling the ball on the left side of the floor and basket.
Dribble with your left hand towards the basket.
- When you start the dribble you want to push the ball out in front of you to get a quick start.
- Be sure not to push it out too far or the ball will get stolen.
Wait until you get about 3-5 feet away from the basket.Then pick the ball up as you are planting your right foot.
- This should take anywhere from 1-3 dribbles depending on skill level. 3 at the max.
- Traveling is taking more than 2 steps without dribbling the ball so make sure you pick the ball up as you plant your right foot about 3-5 feet from the basket.
Step with your left foot.
- Your left foot is going to be the foot you jump off of, like a normal right handed layup on the right side.
Have the ball in your right hand when you jump.
Swing your right leg up as you bring your arm up.Move as if they are connected with a string from your elbow to your knee.
Wait until the peak of your jump.There, put the ball off the glass and into the basket.
- You want to aim in the middle of the square not the left side.
Exaggerated Euro Step
Start by dribbling the ball at the top of the 3 point line straight away from the basket.
Continue dribbling as you run towards the basket.
- Start off slow and then pick up your speed as you get the hang of it.
Wait until you are about 5 feet from the basket.Then take a right footed step while picking up the ball.
- You want to make this step to your right, making it seem like you are going to the right side.
Push off your right foot step with your left foot, back to the left side of the basket.
- You want to act like you are faking out a defender by going to the right and then quickly going to the left side.
Jump off of your left foot like you are doing a normal right handed layup on the right side.
- Swing your right leg and your your right knee up as you bring your right arm up.
- Bring your leg and arm up at the same time like a string is connected from your elbow to your knee.
Have the ball in your right hand.Put it up off the glass in the middle of the square and in the basket.
- Depending on the angle you have to put the ball off the glass you might have to put some spin on the ball by twisting your wrist to the left.
Video: How To: Euro Step Layup Better!
Everything You Need to Know About Hilary Duff’s New BF, JasonWalsh
6 Surprising Ways to Burn Calories
How to Make Oven Baked French Toast
How to Work for ESPN
The Supplement-Medication Combo You Need To Avoid
How to Avoid Your InLaws
How to Prepare and Cook Salmon
Celebrity fashion: origami
How to Take a Company Public
Kerry Washington Helps Design an Affordable Olivia Pope-Inspired Clothing Line