Where are the "loosest" slot machines in America? - Part 1
How to Find a Loose Slot Machine at a Casino
Many people enjoy slot machines for their ease of use and exciting possibilities. If you love playing slot machines and want to get serious about winning, you need to find a loose slot machine. A loose slot machine is a machine that has a higher than average payout. With a little cleverness and planning you can be winning large amounts in no time!
Playing to Win
Play the maximum number of coins.Many machines require that a player gamble with the maximum amount of money to have a chance at winning the jackpot. Make sure you check the payout table to find out. The payout table is a small printed sticker displaying the percentages of likelihood for the winning combinations.If you don’t want to pay the maximum, consider finding a less expensive slot machine.
- For example, if you play on a machine with a 25 cent minimum but a one dollar maximum, you should play with one dollar to see the best results.
- This technique is best for machines with a jackpot. However, this is a good method for regular slot machines as well.
Test the payout of your machine.Whenever you sit down to a new machine you need to test the payout percentage. Put in a few dollars and see how much you get back. After some time has passed, figure out whether or not you’re breaking even. If you are, stay put! It could be a loose slot machine! If not, move to another machine.
- For example, if you spend about twenty dollars at a machine over half an hour and only get about ten dollars back, that’s probably not a loose machine. Leave and find a better one.
- Avoid choosing a “favorite machine.” If you devote a lot of attention to one particular machine, you won’t be as likely to leave it when it stops paying out.
Play multiple machines at once.Experienced gamblers will often play two or three slot machines at the same time. This is based off of the belief that loose machines are situated right next to tight machines.These gamblers believe that increasing the number of machines they use increases their chance to find a loose slot.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. If you use machines that are too far away from one another, you may lose track of which machines you’re gambling with.
- Take care when using this method as you might lose your money that much faster!
Know when to stop playing.Before stepping foot into the casino, figure out how much money you can afford to lose. Never spend money that you need for other obligations. Similarly, if you make a big profit, consider pocketing the profit and limiting your gambling to the money you came in with. Adopting this system will minimize your losses.
Method 1 Quiz
If you don't want to play the maximum number of coins on a machine, what else can you do to still receive a good payout?
Choosing a Machine Type
Play machines with good payouts.Typically, the more money you have to use to play, the higher the payout percentage is. For example, machines that require or more generally pay out 95% to 99%, where 25 and 50 cent machines usually pay out 92% to 95%. Be wary of casinos advertising that their machines payout “up to 99.5%.” To make this claim they only have to have one machine that pays out 99.5%. All of the rest can be standard machines.
- Slot machines don’t usually post their payout percentage publically. Look in the machines “help” menu or try to find the information online.
- A machines payout percentage doesn’t change throughout the night. This is a common myth. The payout will stay the same over the course of a few weeks, if not years.
Don’t play progressive jackpot machines.Progressive slot machines slowly accumulate money from players and display the total as a jackpot.When playing on these machines, there’s a possibility that you may win millions of dollars! However, the odds are very, very slim.These machines make the casino money by reeling customers in with promises of a million-dollar jackpot and then fleecing them. Don’t be fooled by these marketing tactics.
- If you simply can’t resist playing a progressive jackpot machine, remember to play the maximum amount of money. Otherwise, you may not be eligible for the jackpot.
- Some people will avoid progressive jackpot machines unless the jackpot is very, very high. To reach the payout percentage a machine has to pay out money periodically. Therefore, if the jackpot is large, the machine might be ready to pay out.
Don’t play multiple payline slots.These machines display multiple paylines, or the line of numbers or symbols that determine your winnings. These machines typically have many possible winning combinations across the different paylines.This can seem like a tempting offer but don’t be fooled! These machines usually have a lower payout percentage than your standard slot machine.
- To spot these machines, look for multiple rows and columns of symbols that advertise “many winning combinations.”
- The most common kind of multiple payline slot has five rows and five columns of symbols.
Method 2 Quiz
Which machines typically have the highest payout?
Scouting a Location
Gamble in casinos.Casino slot machines typically have the highest payouts at 95%. This means that for every dollar you put in, the machine is programmed to give back 95% of it at some point. Other gambling locations such as airports, bars, grocery stores, and service stations typically stock machines that have a 50% to 75% payout.
- Las Vegas is famous for having looser slot machines than other gambling cities.
- Many gamblers theorize that the older casinos in Las Vegas tend to have looser slot machines to compete with the flashier, newer casinos.
Find “loose slot spots” in casinos.Many people believe that casinos strategically place loose slots in high-traffic areas to encourage passerby to play. Therefore, choose machines that are in highly visible places such as near the change booths or on elevated platforms.Slots in the “crosswalk,” or areas that other players must cross through to reach other parts of the casino, are famously loose.
- Keep in mind that this is just a theory. Don’t stick to a bad machine just because it’s in a high payout location.
- If you’re having trouble finding a good machine ask another gambler if they know where the “hot” machines are.
Avoid low payout locations.Many experienced gamblers avoid the main slot areas. This is the location that the highly visible slot machines are trying to draw you to, and these machines are notorious for having low payouts. Similarly, avoid the machines next to gaming table areas and ticket lines.These machines might distract the customers that are spending lots of money on other things; therefore, the payout will be low to avoid drawing attention.
- Make a special effort to avoid the slot machines near the poker tables. These machines are notoriously tight.
Method 3 Quiz
Which is a "loose spot" in a casino?
QuestionIs it good idea to hit the stop button on slot machines?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you're playing on a video slot machine on a screen (most are like this) then it doesn't matter if you hit "stop." The stop button will only stop the animation and it won't affect your outcome. However, if you're playing on a vintage mechanical machine that actually spins, pressing "stop" will affect your outcome.Thanks!
QuestionIf I jackpot, is it a good idea to put another 100 or 200 in it to see if anything else hits, or is it done?Community AnswerThe machines are set to a particular payout rate. They have absolutely no memory of the previous spins.Thanks!
QuestionHow do you tell whether you have a type 3 slot machine or a type 2 slot machine?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerClass 2 slot machines are generally found in smaller gambling locations. The players are all playing against each other and competing for the jackpot. The more people that lose money to the game, the higher the jackpot is. Class 3 slot machines are more common in large gambling cities such as Las Vegas. When using these machines players play against the House. This means that their winnings come out of the casino's pockets instead of from a jackpot.Thanks!
QuestionAre the machines fixed to be tight at certain times of the day or night?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThey could be in certain casinos, depending on how sleazy the owner is.Thanks!
QuestionCasinos have to pay out a certain percentage. Does this payout include prizes and drawings?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, it does. However, this may vary based on location, so it's always best to check with the casino to be sure.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I use the help button to find out payouts on slot machines?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCheck the menu screen or the tiny sticker that's showing that info, or go online.Thanks!
QuestionHow often do casinos change the floor layout and why?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere is no set time frame, but they do it to keep players from becoming too familiar with certain "hot areas" of looser machines. By scrambling things around periodically, they force players to hunt for the hot slots (and spend more money while searching for them). The remodel is also a writeoff.Thanks!
QuestionDoes a quick hit slot pay out more than a buffalo slot?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerFrom my experience they do. I have won ,000 on a quick hit three times in a row at a max bet and from 0 to 0 on buffalo with max bets of or .Thanks!
QuestionDo the 2 dollar and 5 dollar machines pay out more often then the 1 dollar machines?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTypically, no, but it can happen. Like most things in casinos, it all depends on the owner!Thanks!
QuestionHow are payouts adjusted?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere is a chip on the motherboard that has an algorithm programmed into it that produces a percentage payback. To change the payback, they must change the program.Thanks!
Which slot machine pays out more and quickly?
Is it better to play with or without your card?
When is the best time of the month to go to the casino?
What is a "quick hit" and a "buffalo slot?"
- Try to increase your luck by wearing a lucky item. This can be anything from a lucky coin to the hat you wore during your first gambling win.
- Use your slots card when gambling. Many casinos offer great comps for customers who use their slots card.
- Play with coins instead of bills if you want to gamble faster.
- There are many theories about finding loose slot machines and many of them are myths. Be careful when taking the advice of other gamblers.
- Never participate in illegal gambling.
Sources and Citations
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
In other languages:
Español: , Русский: , Italiano: , Português: , Français: , Deutsch:
About This Article
Sep 26, 2019
Mar 5, 2019
May 16, 2019
Nov 2, 2019
Jun 6, 2019
Jan 29, 2019
Nov 5, 2019
Jun 4, 2019
Sep 8, 2019
Dec 30, 2019
Dec 28, 2019
May 28, 2019
Video: LOOSE SLOT MACHINES HOW I PICK LOOSE SLOTS
9 Books Every Twentysomething Latina Should Read
Signs That Need To Change Fitness Trainer in Hindi
Best Resort 2019 Fashion Trends to Know
Personalized, Preventive Care is Appropriate for Older Heart Patients
TommyNow to Take Place in Milan for Spring 2019
Krispy Kreme is selling Oreo-covered donuts
How to Make Vanilla Hot Chocolate Mix
I Lost 125 Pounds By Making This Simple Change To My Diet
Tangy Red Cabbage and Apples
What Doctors Tell Their Friends About Pain
How to Make Ear Cuffs
35 Braided Buns Re-inventing the Classic Style