Best Southwestern Quinoa Salad Recipe
Southwestern Quinoa Salad
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 226 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 225mg | Carbohydrates: 31g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints: 7 |
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup thawed corn kernels or cut from cooked and cooled corn on the cob
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (from one lime)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to lowest setting and cover.
- Allow to cook for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Turn off heat and leave quinon cover on the burner for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Chill quinoa in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Toss cooled quinoa with the remaining salad ingredients. Whisk together dressing ingredients. Add dressing to salad and toss to combine.
Video: Mexican Quinoa Salad
Zika-free destinations around the world for 2019, according to the CDC
The Style: 9 Fall Favorites to Try Now
If youre looking for something that tastes more homemade than store-bought, go for Amys. If youre looking for a full-on cheap fast food pizza taste, Hot Pockets is a sure-fire guilty pleasure
What You Need to Know About the Clean Label Project
How To Build A Cheese Board
How to remove blackheads with steam
Chanel SpringSummer 2014 Campaign
Women May Have Natural Defense Against Common STD
5 Sex Positions for Incredible Make-Up Sex
How to Challenge an Appraisal