18 Best Health & Fitness Apps 2018 (Editor's pick)
The 18 Best Health and Fitness Apps of 2019
Starting a new fitness routine or diet program can be tough, but it’s an endeavor that comes along with a healthy dose of hope and motivation. During week one, workouts hurt so good, grocery shopping isn’t so bad, and meal prepping is downright exciting—you’re finally turning over that new leaf that’s been stuck to the pavement for who knows how long, and it’s your time to carve out those six-pack abs.
But by weeks two, three, and four, the excuses start piling up. We get it: The gym’s suddenly too crowded, you’re too tired to meal-prep, and maybe your biceps are sore after all those curls. Suddenly, you could use a shot of motivation and structure to get back on track.
One solution that’s become more popular than ever is downloading a fitness app. It’s simple, way cheaper than hiring human help, and it works for plenty of people. So if you find that you need to be held accountable when it comes to diet and exercise, or if you just need an easy method of tracking your already stellar routine, an app may be a great way to do it.
There are countless fitness-related apps on the market for both Android and iOS, so it can be tough to sift through the dirt and find a gem or two. So we’ve done the heavy lifting for you and tested a whole swathe of apps. We found 18 that are worth trying if you need a nudge to stay on track.
We broke it down into seven categories, so you can browse based on your needs:
- Comprehensive trainingapps, which guide you through workouts and exercises;
- Quick-hitapps, which focus on shorter workouts for maximum impact;
- Outdoor cardioapps, for the more adventurous fit guy;
- Nutrition trackingapps, to make keeping your diet on-track as simple as possible;
- All-around workout tracking and meal planningapps, for those who want one app to do the job of two or three;
- A“get off the couch”app, for all you true beginners out there;
- Recoveryapps, meant to help your body and mind stay in tip top shape.
A few notes about our methodology:
- While most of the apps we chose have been at or near the top of the rankings in their prospective marketplaces, we downloaded all of the apps we considered to get a feel for how they work and make that using them consistently is feasible for everyday users.
- We excluded apps that are designed to be used with fitness trackers. Plenty of those apps are great, but they don’t really help unless you have their devices.
Click through to check out our favorite health and fitness apps in 2019, according to category.
Video: 18 best fitness apps for Android
How to Prepare for Gastric Bypass Surgery
Obama Might Have Just Revealed the Sex of Beyonce’sTwins
Oliver Spencer To Open Two New Stores
How to Prepare for Your Eighth Grade Prom
A Weight Training Program for Golfers
4 Simple Ways To Tone Your Legs While Lying Down
Meet F45: The Cult Australian Workout London Women Are Lining Up For
How to Make a Mosaic Flower Pot
Apples Top Dirty Dozen List
20 Popular Balayage Brown Hair Colors of 2019
10 Glam and Glittery Makeup Looks
15 new films to watch in 2019
Amazon wage increase is about its reputation